Are you looking for new ways to exercise? Need some extra motivation to help jumpstart your fitness routine? Look no further! On Sunday, October 5th, Runtastic is going to launch a Week of Weight Loss to help participants shed a few pounds, develop new (healthy) habits, and have fun along the way.
Each day will feature different exercises, health tips, and recipe suggestions from MyFitnessPal. Check out the Runtastic Week of Weight Loss Tumblr page on Sunday for more information!
Here’s what you can expect to see throughout the week:
- YouTube Videos from Runtastic’s Fitness Coach Lunden explaining how to do each exercise.
- Delicious and nutritious recipe suggestions from MyFitnessPal.
- Tips and tricks for successfully losing weight.
- Tools to motivate you to get active and hopefully have fun while doing it!
In case you aren’t familiar with Runtastic, the company has a suite of apps and products you can use to track your activities and daily routines. Here’s a quick recap of the most popular ones that you’ll be able to use during the Week of Weight Loss:
- Runtastic Orbit: The new 24-hour tracking device allows users to track their daily movements, fitness activities and sleep. Created for a diverse audience – from fitness enthusiasts to workaholics to busy moms – Orbit has been designed to help users improve their daily lives.
- Runtastic: The flagship app maps workouts in real-time with built-in GPS and automatically records duration, distance, calories burned, speed and elevation so you can track, monitor and analyze your activities. Try to beat your best time with the Challenge a Run feature, receive an instantaneous post-activity hydration recommendation, and listen to your favorite tunes through the built-in music player.
- MyFitnessPal: The best way to lose weight and keep it off forever is to simply keep track of the foods you eat. Gimmicky machines and fad diets don’t work, so MyFitnessPal designed a free website and mobile app that makes calorie counting and food tracking easy.
- Six Pack App: The app offers targeted core workouts to help users flatten and strengthen their core. Lifelike avatars guide users through pre-built workouts – like the 7-Minute Workout which is included in the Week of Weight Loss – or custom workouts that can be built using Runtastic’s catalogue of exercises.
- Nutrition Quiz: A fun and interactive app that offers important facts and busts common myths about nutrition and healthy weight loss.
Runtastic is launching the Week of Weight Loss in celebration of its 5th birthday and encourages all who participate to show their support on social channels by using the hashtag #RuntasticWOW.