Butterball’s new mobile app, released Monday, goes beyond recipes and provides instructional videos, conversion calculators, ingredient substitutes and turkey calculators. How big of a turkey do you need to purchase to feed your Thanksgiving crowd? Would you like to have some new recipes from a trusted source that are sure to please? In today’s App Chat we’ll give you the inside scoop on this new app from Butterball that can help make your holiday meal planning a breeze.
- Hundreds of professionally tested recipes
- Recipe categories include: Appetizers, Sauces, Condiments, Main Dish, Salads, Soups, Leftovers, Stuffing, etc.
- Filter recipes by product (turkey breast, whole turkey, turkey bacon, lunchmeat) or Recipe Type (main dish, sides, salads, etc)
- Simple to use, clean interface
- Save recipes to My Favorites for quick access
- Printable coupons
- Excellent recipes for Thanksgiving, as well as, weekly family meals
- The Featured Collections of related recipes change out on a regular basis.
- You can add personal notes to any recipe
This is an excellent app from a trusted source but there are a some features I wish it had that would help save time in the kitchen. A few things the app does not have are:
- Cannot create shopping lists from recipes (however, the app is available for tablets and phones so you can view ingredients lists on you smartphone while at the store)
- Cannot share a recipe with a friend. The feature says you can share a recipe but in reality it send a link for the app download. This is confusing because you expect that the recipe has been shared but it has not. Even if your friend downloads the app the link won’t take them to the recipe you shared.
- No search feature. I found a recipe I wanted to go back to and I had a hard time finding it. I had to filter through multiple categories before I found it again.
- No print feature. Instead, take a screen capture of the recipe then print it.
The strength of this app is in the quality, experienced source with hundreds of recipes for Thanksgiving and weekly family meals primarily focused on Turkey. I will be making several recipes for my Thanksgiving holiday dinner. The interface is clean and easy to use. If you are looking for bells and whistles, like shopping list generator for ingredients, this app does not have those features. While these types of features help save time and make shopping more convenient, they are not always widely used.