I have been using the App Runtastic as a great tool to help track my exercise progress. You don’t have to run to use the App. It will track walking, jogging, biking, hiking and several other activities.
Runtastic will monitor all kinds of great information about your activity including:
- Elevation incline/decline
- Calculate calories burned
- Map your route
- Provide distance markers along the route
- Will break down progress within distance segments
- Stores history
- Share your results via email, twitter or Facebook!
I used Runtastic to train for the Asheville marathon held in March. It tracked my history and I could see my progress. You don’t have to run a marathon to use the App but it “Makes sports funtastic”. The standard version is free!
There is even a Runtastic pedometer so, check it out and start tracking your progress!