Does deleting an App cancel your monthly subscription fees?
If you are getting unfamiliar charges from Apple or Google on your credit card, it might be wise to check your app subscriptions. Many apps automatically upgrade from free to pro after a trial period thus generating automatic monthly fees of which you may not be aware.
Subscription settings on iPhone are buried. Go to Settings > iTunes and App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Enter your password > Subscriptions. Tap the subscription you want to cancel. Nine steps later you’ve canceled the recurring fee.
Steps for canceling subscriptions for both Android and iPhone are below.
Be aware that deleting an app does not cancel subscription fees.
Cancel a subscription on an Android
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Tap Menu Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.
Cancel a subscription on an Apple device
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID when the pop up window appears.
- Enter your Apple ID password or fingerprint ID when prompted.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the Subscription you want to cancel.